A coroner today hailed the brave actions of London's doctors and nurses for saving lives in the aftermath of the Westminster terror attack.
Coroner Mark Lucraft QC has begun delivering his verdict in the inquest of the five people who died in the attack by praising the efforts of those who rushed to help the injured and dying.
"I'm sure many more people didn't die from their injuries because of the capabilities and quite overwhelming acts of those who responded", he said.
He said doctors and nurses from nearby St Thomas' Hospital helped those injured by "treating them where they could", adding: "I'm sure what they did is a great comfort to the families who couldn't be with their loved ones at that time."
Mr Lucraft also criticised bystanders who had filmed the aftermath of the attack, including injured and dying victims, and posted the footage online.
"Some of the material is very distressing to the families, and I would encourage that it is removed", he said.
The man behind the attack, Khalid Masood, 52, killed four pedestrians - Aysha Frade, 43, Kurt Cochran, 54, Leslie Rhodes, 75, and Andreea Cristea, 31 – by hitting them with a hired 4x4 Hyundai on Westminster Bridge on March 22 last year.