Having a cup of coffee at work will refresh your mind and body, isn’t it? Then do you know that coffee will relax your stressed eyes and relieves you from puffy eyes and dark circles? Before going into the article, let’s know about dark circles.
Dark circles or puffy eyes are the common complaints from most of us. They occur due to aging, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, stress, poor diet, health problems, allergies and other.
They make you look tired and unhealthy. To get rid of this problem, there are many natural remedies but here we are going to use a coffee mask for treating your dark circles and puffy eyes.
Benefits of using Coffee for Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles:
- It has caffeine that exhibits anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that reduce the inflammation and soothes the skin under the eyes.
- It has an antioxidant property that reduces the effect of UV rays and aging on the sensitive eye area.It shrinks the blood vessels and stimulates the circulation of blood and oxygen supply to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles.
- It acts as a natural diuretic that draws out the water and reduces puffiness under your eyes. Also, it is easily absorbed into the skin.
- Here are the best ways of using a coffee as a mask to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
Mask – 1: (Coffee Grounds with Black Pepper and Coconut Oil)
Coffee grounds has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce your inflammation of your eyes and tighten the skin. Black pepper stimulates the blood circulation and proper oxygen supply to the eyes.
Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and vitamin E content reduces the swelling and puffiness. This process also protects the eye area from UV damage and aging.
- Add a pinch of black pepper powder in 1 teaspoon of fresh coffee grounds.
- Then mix a 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil and some water in it.
- Stir well to make it a paste and apply it under your eyes carefully.
- Let it sit for about 5 – 10 minutes and gently wipe off using a wet tissue (or washcloth).
- Dry your skin and apply some moisturizer to your eyes.
- Repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from dark circles and puffy eyes.